Job Position: Director of Funnel Growth.
Please Note: Candidates must be local to the San Diego office as these positions will eventually report to our SD office once Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted.
GetTheReferral is searching for an experienced and dynamic Demand Generation professional who can deliver measurable success in the role of Director of Funnel Growth. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, an excellent communicator, can work well within a collaborative and innovative team as well as being self-directed and trustworthy. The primary focus of the role is to develop and deliver a healthy and effective lead generation program, driving qualified leads into the sales pipeline consistently throughout the year. This key team member will own the strategy development and execution for customer acquisition and demand generation. His or her top goal will be to work with various teams to generate as many SQLs as possible, driving long term revenue growth. This role is not PR/Advertising focussed.
The successful candidate must be able to produce evidence of a proven track record of increasing sales revenues through lead generation and pipeline management efforts while meeting or exceeding company goals. Reporting to the Head of Revenue, this role will supervise a Marketing Manager, Demand Gen Manager, and the BDR Team.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Revenue and CEO on the broader marketing strategy to build a robust pipeline of MQLs and SQLs.
- Develop methods to track and evaluate the performance of marketing campaigns & lead scoring. This includes data collection, real-time interpretation of results, best practices and processes, and scalable systems.
- Create optimization strategies for cold email outreach, nurture streams, segmentation, and data enhancement.
- Develop customized landing pages and optimize funnel testing to continuously improve conversion.
- Create compelling emails and newsletters segmented to specific audiences. Know what makes a great email, which partners/programs handle compliance, how to handle massive and frequent pushes, and which technologies to employ
- Develop a deep understanding of buyers, pain points, value propositions and driving marketing campaigns that resonate with our target audience.
- Evaluate and implement marketing technology tools to streamline marketing processes and improve performance.
- Define targets and metrics to measure success for all growth initiatives, as well as forecast longer-term targets for marketing contribution to pipeline and revenue.
- Work closely with the sales team and continue to build a strong working relationship between the teams.
- Collaborate and oversee Marketing efforts to include, but not limited to, Website Optimization, Strengthening and ensuring Branding Alignment throughout campaigns.
- 2+ years growth or acquisition marketing experience for a SaaS-based business
- Strong knowledge of paid acquisition channels, email marketing, reporting and measurement, as well as more tactical understanding of list building
- Experience with a wide variety of marketing technology solutions.
- Data and metrics-driven mindset; bias towards action and a focus on results
- Ability to work in an expanding and changing environment
- Constant learner, driven to learn the newest trends and tools in SaaS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with consultative professional business acumen
- Knowledge of the Home Improvement industry and market
- Experience of B2B, preferably SMB in SaaS software solutions and has the ability to develop a good understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proficient in managing the sales pipeline using CRM systems, preferably Hubspot or Salesforce.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a Start-Up business.
- Can evidence a track record of increasing revenue by hitting or exceeding personal and company targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Well rounded in Marketing, Business Development and Leadership.
- Regularly analyze marketing data and report progress to the Head Of Revenue within the organization.
- Desire to add to a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture
- Strong writing skills.
- Track, analyze and account for the effectiveness of each demand generation campaign; identify areas for improvement.
- The ideal candidate in this role will have a strong success record of building measurable demand for B2B companies.
- A continual learner, with a growth mindset, who is on the cutting edge of Lead Generation best practices, with the practical skills to apply best-in-class techniques to the specifics of our business situation.
- An expert in the digital marketing and content marketing tactics required and a deep understanding of CRO principles and hacks.
- Proficiency with referral marketing and the ability to create viral growth is a strong plus
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills required, with a test and learn mindset, adept at using data to draw strategic conclusions.
- Prior experience building and leading a high performing team, yet comfortable rolling up your sleeves.
- B2B experience is required, ideally working with small- and mid-sized solar/home improvement companies
- Proficiency working with Hubspot/Salesforce is a bonus
- The ability to work exceptionally well cross-functionally.
- Competent technology skills with a working knowledge of GSuite, Hubspot, and social networking tools such as LinkedIn Navigator.
Salary: Base $120k, $150 OTE
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 60 Days
- FTO, Sick, Holiday after 90 Days